FORT VALLEY GUN CLUB
Welcome to the Fort Valley Gun Club
P.O. Box 1291, Fort Valley, Georgia 31030
Directions to the range: From the Butler/Reynolds direction, turn right toward Fort Valley on Hiway 96 at the Hiway 49 bypass intersection and turn right on Gun Club Road. Pass through the pecan orchard and go straight until the road turns to dirt & gravel and then go farther until you cross the RR tracks. DO NOT SPEED THROUGH THE HOUSING AREA!! There are lots of children and pets! PLEASE RESPECT OUR NEIGHBORS!! From Fort Valley on Hiway 96 West, at the 2 mile marker turn left on Gun Club Road. Follow as noted above. From Byron, take Hiway 49 South to the 49/96 bypass on your right just outside of Fort Valley. Follow the bypass for several miles until you see a left turn onto Hiway 96 to Fort Valley. Take the left onto 96 and then turn right on Gun Club Road. Follow the road as described above.
The Fort Valley Gun Club is an NRA Affiliated organization dedicated to primarily Rifle & Pistol shooting events. Our mission is to promote gun safety and awareness at the same time that we enjoy friendly but spirited shooting competitions. While we are a membership club, all monthly competitions are OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! (We have the only 350 yard Buffalo Rifle Silhouette Match in Middle GA) Please visit our "Matches & Results" page for scheduled matches, match fees and rules. Everyone is welcome regardless of their experience level. SAFETY is paramount and all safety rules are enforced for everyone's protection. A "Porta-Potty" is on site for your convenience. Bring your own food, water or soft drinks as none is available on site.
A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL CLUB MEMBERS & THEIR FAMILIES.
HOME PAGE CHANGES - To unclutter the club's home page, routine current notices and information will be posted on a separate page. Only the scheduled matches and other selected information will be available here. All members are responsible for staying informed and up-to-date. The latest and best information available will be found on our web site. Urgent and other important notices will still be posted on the home page for a few days before being moved to the Information Page or deleted.
Click HERE to access the information page.
MATCH INFORMATION FOR 21 JANUARY, 2017!! The .22 Benchrest match scheduled for Saturday, 21 January, 2017, has been cancelled due to inclement weather. The scheduled Centerfire Benchrest match WILL be held. No word on the .22 Silhouette match at this time (7:52 AM).
DUES REMINDER! Dues for annual members HAVE BEEN INCREASED to $75.00 for 2017!! They may be paid from now until the end of the regular club meeting in February, 2017. Please mail checks made out to the Fort Valley Gun Club to the club address at the top of this page. You may also pay the Secretary-Treasurer in person.
MATCH CHANGES FOR 2017. Please read the match schedule below carefully as there have been numerous changes. The centerfire benchrest match will now be held twice monthly on the first and third Saturdays. The Tactical matches will now be held on the first Saturday of each month beginning in March. Lastly, the Buffalo Stakes Match will be decided on a month-to-month basis depending upon the number of shooters available.
SCHEDULED MATCHES: All matches scheduled to be shot each month will be listed below by date. Some matches are held each month all year. Some matches are only scheduled for part of the year. To view detailed information and the annual schedule for each match, visit the "Matches & Results" page where each match is described in detail. With the exception of the Tactical Matches, each match is the same from month to month although the Match Director has the authority to make changes as he/she sees fit. The Tactical Matches vary each month as determined by the Match Director. While a tentative Tactical Match list is posted, events may be changed at the Match Director's discretion.
Saturday, 7 Jan. - .22 SILHOUETTE MATCH. Safety briefing at 9:00 AM with match starting immediately afterward. Come out and enjoy the fun! Cost is $7 per entry. Standard and Hi-Velocity cartridges ONLY. NO HYPER-VELOCITY CARTRIDGES ALLOWED! (They damage the targets.)
- NRA .22 SILHOUETTE MATCH. This is an NRA sanctioned match shot strictly in accordance with NRA rules. Rifles may be classified as "Standard" or "Hunter" class and will be classified according to NRA rules. The match is shot at distances of 40, 60, 77 & 100 meters. NO HYPERVELOCITY CARTRIDGES ALLOWED. Standard and Hi-Velocity cartridges only. This match will be shot simultaneously with the other .22 Silhouette match. Safety briefing at 9:00 AM and match begins immediately after.
- TACTICAL SHOOTING MATCH INFORMATION. This match will now be shot on the first Saturday of each month BEGINNING IN FEBRUARY, 2017. Details, including the proposed matches for 2017, may be found on the "Matches & Results" page as well as posted in the scheduled matches listings below when appropriate.
- CENTERFIRE BENCHREST MATCH. Begins at 9:30 AM. The match will alternate each match between 100, 200 & 300 yards. See the matches & scores page for more details. This match has proven to be so much fun that we will now be shooting it twice monthly on the first and third Saturdays.
- BUFFALO STAKES SILHOUETTE MATCH. Due to so few shooters, this match will only be held if at least four competitors confirm their intentions to shoot. Contact Match Director Jim Ellison at (478) 825-1561 if you plan on competing in the match. This match will be decided on a month-to-month basis. If held, it will be shot at 1:00 PM or immediately following the monthly club meeting.
Saturday, 14 Jan. - FAMILY & FRIENDS PRESEASON ORIENTATION MEETING & SIGHT-IN DAY. Beginning at 12:00 Noon, anyone who wants to shoot the F&F match in 2017 will have an opportunity to sight in their rifles and familiarize themselves with the course of fire as well as the rules and regulations of the match. Please review the updated 2017 match rules in a linked pdf file HERE.
Saturday, 21 Jan. - CENTERFIRE BENCH REST MATCH. Begins at 9:30 AM. The match will alternate monthly between 100/200 yards and 200/300 yards. See the matches & scores page for more details. This match has proven to be so much fun that shooting it twice monthly is being considered. If the interest is there, twice monthly matches will begin in January.
- .22 BENCHREST MATCH. Begins at 12:30 or after the Centerfire Benchrest Match if it finishes late. IBS 25 Bull targets will be shot at 50 yards. Any rifle shooting .22LR is permitted. Scopes necessary as the bulls are very small. Match fee will be $5. For more information contact Match Director Dave Witte at (478) 934-0385
Saturday, 28 Jan. - FAMILY & FRIENDS .22 SILHOUETTE MATCH. This match is for shooters of all ages. Children ages 12 and under will shoot from the bench while under adult supervision. Shooters 13 ~ 15 will shoot under adult supervision. Those 13 and up must shoot offhand. Standard and hi-Velocity cartridges only. NO HYPERVELOCITY CARTRIDGES ALLOWED. The children will shoot first and adult family members last. Warm up and sighting shots may be taken beginning at 12:00 noon and the match begins at 1:00 PM. Contact Match Director Jason Heisterkamp at (478) 988-9447 for more details. This is a family match for both children and adults. It teaches firearms safety to our next generation of shooters and gun owners. Please support it. Full match rules and information for 2017 are in a pdf file HERE.
The oldest NRA Affiliated Gun Club in Georgia
President: Butch Bennett Vice-President: Walker Smith
Secretary-Treasurer: Tom Magerkurth Executive Range Officer: Vacant
Email the Webmaster